Regardless of which marketing and social networking sites we use, we can learn something from the following numbers.
- Instagram has 90 million monthly active users
- 40 million photos are uploaded per day
- 8500 likes per second
- 1000 comments per second
Instagram launched in October, 2010, and had 14 million users one year later. They now have 90 million 1.25 years later.
Human beings like photos, don’t they?
- Photos help show other sides of us.
- Photos help build those “know, like and trust” factors we all talk about everyday.
- Photos bring words to life by evoking thoughts, emotion or relativity
- Photos help some find words to say when conversation doesn’t come easy.
10 Ways You Can Begin Sharing Photos
- Pro bono and other community activity
- Conferences your partners and administrators attend
- Your clients speaking
- Your new associates
- Your employees working on a project
- Your front desk receptionist so people know who the person is on the other end of the call
- Graphics showing your individual client service guidelines and promises
- Your valued alumni group members
- News conferences you attend that have to do with your primary practice and industry groups
- Take your child to work days (see photo above…let them photograph you!)
10 Places You Can Share Photos
- Every blog post ( and I do mean every)
- Facebook Pages
- Facebook Profiles
- LinkedIn Pages
- LinkedIn Profiles
- Reception Area
This isn’t an exhaustive list. What would you add?
How often do your firms share photos of your people and activity?
What could your firms share to make you more visual to your clients and target audiences?
Where could you share it?
Thanks to Social Fresh for the Instagram numbers.
Nancy Myrland is a Marketing and Business Development Advisor, specializing in Content, Social & Digital Media. She helps lawyers and legal marketers grow by integrating all marketing disciplines in order to establish relationships and grow their practices. Also known as the LinkedIn Coach For Lawyers, she is a frequent LinkedIn trainer, as well as a content marketing specialist. She helps lawyers, law firms, and legal marketers learn and implement content, social and digital media strategies that cut through the clutter and are more relevant to their current and potential clients. Nancy also works with many firms and lawyers on Zoom and virtual presentation training and coaching to be the best they can be when presenting online.
As an early and constant adopter of social and digital media and technology, she also helps firms with blogging, podcasting, video marketing, voice marketing, livestreaming, and Zoom and virtual presentation strategy and training. She also helps lead select law firms through their online social media strategy when dealing with high-stakes, visible cases.
If you would like to reserve time to begin talking strategy or think through an issue you are having, you can do that here.