Looking for new posts summarizing the #LMA22 conference? Head down to the green headings below for new content added regularly. Don’t forget to let me know if I’ve missed anything, okay? Thanks!
If you are reading this via email, please click here.
Wow, it has been a long last few years. In my world, it has been both great and odd. Business has been very good, but the pandemic has turned a few things upside down, sideways, or some other way that I can’t adequately describe. I think you know what I mean because you’ve lived it, too.
What Happened To Conferences?
The pandemic caused conferences to be canceled or to move online. Virtual conferences are better than no conferences, but I prefer seeing my colleagues in person.
If you know me, and even if you don’t, about this time of year, I typically begin to get excited. I’m happy to say that I can say that again!
Because I will be attending the largest professional family reunion of 500 – 1000 very smart marketing and business development professionals in Las Vegas at the 2022 Legal Marketing Association annual conference, affectionately known by its hashtag, #LMA22.
Why Do I Attend?
I attend because this is our association, LMA‘s, annual international conference for all of us who care passionately about helping lawyers, legal marketers, and law firms grow and do what they do better.
Stay Tuned As I Will Be Curating Conference Content Right Here
As I have done in 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2014, 2014, 2013, and 2013, I will be curating or creating content and linking to it from this blog post to provide a quick, easy place to find all of the information you might like to consume. I will also link to content from others that is written, or via voice or video. I will do this before, during, and after the conference. Stay tuned as this post will change frequently.
Please bookmark this blog post as I will continue to add content as I find it, or as you let me know you’ve found it, too!
A Few Conference Details
Here are a few details about the conference:
- There will be 3 days of content.
- There will be between 500 and 1,000 attendees.
- There will be more than 25 sessions.
- There will be over 100 speakers.
- There will be over 50 service providers and consultants (that’s me).
- All LMA regions, including our new Europe Region, will be represented.
Conference and Association Leadership
A conference while trying to emerge from a pandemic is no small endeavor.
Conference Advisory Committee
This conference could not happen without our amazing 2022 Annual Conference Advisory Committee. Thank you, thank you to all of you for your amazing time and talents.
You can learn more about our Advisory Committee members by clicking on their photos.
Notable Keynote Presentations
- It is a tremendous gift for us to have an opening keynote delivered by global visionaries in the profession, Richard and Daniel Susskind. They will kick off the conference as they present “The Future is NOW! Understanding Drivers of Change in the Legal Marketplace and How to Propel Our Firms Forward.”
- I am also looking forward to our closing keynote presenter, Frans Johansson, as he prepares us for this era we are living in when he presents “Change is Accelerating, Innovation Must Too – Create the Medici Effect.”
Get An Early Start With One of Five Pre-Conference Programs
There are 5 pre-conference programs you might want to consider. I’m sure you can still register right here, and I feel fairly certain they will all provide high-quality insight and discussion you will find useful in your career. If you would like to attend a pre-con program and are unable to attend the entire conference, use the code LMAPRC212 to bypass registration of the entire conference.
- LMA QuickStart LIVE!
- CMO Summit: Translating Client Value Strategies into Action – A Workshop for CMOs Looking to Lead Change
- Developing Your Leadership Effectiveness & Impact: Strategies and Tools for Leading Yourself, Your Team and Your Firm
- Going All In on the Client Experience — Using Client Journey Mapping to Deliver a Better Client Experience and Drive Revenues on a Small Budget
- Marketing Operations
Please Bookmark This Post and Let Me Know When You See Content
Again, you might want to bookmark this post as this is where I will be curating all of the content I and others will be creating about the conference. I will also add an important links section titled in green below so you don’t have to search for them elsewhere.
As always, if you see audio, video, or written content for me to add to this post, please ping me wherever it is convenient for you:
- Tag or message me on LinkedIn.
- Tag or message me on Facebook.
- Tag or message me on Twitter.
- Email me here with #LMA22 in the subject line: [email protected]
- …or anywhere else we are connected.
NOTE: In the comments below, or via message, let me know if you will be attending and what you are most looking forward to.
Important Links For You
- Nancy’s #LMA22 Annual Conference Networking Action Plan
- Conference Content Curation Blog Post by Nancy Myrland
- The #LMA22 Conference website
- The #LMA22 Conference Event Page on Facebook
- Follow all #LMA22 Tweets in one place.
- Enjoy all #LMA22Selfie posts right here (launching soon).
- #LMA22 Facebook Live Coverage (link to come)
- The easy-to-remember URL for this ever-changing post: https://www.myrlandmarketing.com/lma22
For those of you who would like a little focus and an easy process to follow to ramp up your networking before, during, and after the conference, this year I’ve prepared a worksheet for you titled: “#LMA22 Annual Conference Networking Action Plan.”
Feel free to download it and give it a try as it will make a big difference in the success of your conference experience. Effective networking at this conference also establishes friendships that will support and carry you through your entire legal marketing career. I speak from experience on this one.
Let me know what you think of it and if you would like me to make any changes to make it more valuable for you, okay?
Presenting Your #LMA22 Annual Conference Content!
Lawyers, The Competition That Kills You Might Not Look Like You by Nancy Myrland on The Myrland Marketing Minute Blog
Notes From Richard and Daniel Susskind’s Keynote by Nancy Myrland (and Richard and Daniel, of course)
Three Things: What We Learned at LMA Livestream with Robyn Addis, Kristyn Brophy, and Lauren Forbes of LISI
The Future of Legal Marketing and Tech: Replace or Redeploy? by LMA International on Strategies & Voices
Your Takeaways From #LMA22 (Video) on Strategies & Voices
#LMA22 Post-Conference Checklist: 10 ways to get the most out of your conference investment by Furia Rubel (3/29/22)
CMO Series Special: LMA ’22 – What To Expect, a podcast interview of Brenda Plowman by Passle’s Eugene McMormick (3/16/22)
Legal Marketing Coffee Talk, featuring Conference Co-Chair Jennifer Johnson, by Rob Kates, Jessica Aries, and Andy Laver (2/24/22)
Conference Networking Tips From Our Legal Marketing Friends, A Timeless Post by Nancy Myrland & Friends (Ongoing)
#LMA22 Annual Conference Networking Action Plan by Nancy Myrland (Ongoing)
Nancy Myrland is a Marketing and Business Development Advisor, specializing in Content, Social & Digital Media. She helps lawyers and legal marketers grow by integrating all marketing disciplines in order to establish relationships and grow their practices. Also known as the LinkedIn Coach For Lawyers, she is a frequent LinkedIn trainer, as well as a content marketing specialist. She helps lawyers, law firms, and legal marketers learn and implement content, social and digital media strategies that cut through the clutter and are more relevant to their current and potential clients. Nancy also works with many firms and lawyers on Zoom and virtual presentation training and coaching to be the best they can be when presenting online.
As an early and constant adopter of social and digital media and technology, she also helps firms with blogging, podcasting, video marketing, voice marketing, livestreaming, and Zoom and virtual presentation strategy and training. She also helps lead select law firms through their online social media strategy when dealing with high-stakes, visible cases.