Hi there. Happy New Year!
In some ways, 2022 is a fresh start. In other ways, it is a continuation of what you were already working on in 2021. Both are good. You don’t have to start over if what you were doing before worked. If it wasn’t working, then some change might be a very good idea.
Let’s Make 2022 Easier
Part of my job is to make the complex easy and to help you make the absolute best use of your time.
Before you spend your valuable time doing anything, ask this question:
What will this accomplish?
Here Are A Few Examples For You
- Before you scroll endlessly on LinkedIn or any other social or digital medium, ask yourself what you will accomplish by doing so.
- Before you take part in a controversial discussion, whether in-person, in a Zoom meeting, or online, ask yourself what you will accomplish by doing so.
- Before you spend your hard-earned money on another bright, shiny object that promises to help you get ahead, ask yourself what you will accomplish by doing so.
- Before you fight to have the last word, ask yourself what you will accomplish by doing so.
- Before you share a post on LinkedIn, ask yourself what you will accomplish by doing so.
- Before you launch a podcast, ask yourself what you will accomplish by doing so.
- Before you record a video to post on LinkedIn, ask yourself what you will accomplish by doing so.
- Before you turn down an offer to be a guest on a webinar, podcast, video, or other social or digital media promotional content, ask yourself what you will accomplish by doing so.
- Before you take on a volunteer or leadership role in a project or association, ask yourself what you will accomplish by doing so.
The Answer Is Easy
I think you get the picture. Only you will know the answer to that question each time. It changes from situation to situation based on what your goals, your clients, your firm, and your resources allow.
If the task or action in front of you serves you, your clients, your potential clients, your referral sources, bloggers and media, and/or your loved ones, then the answer becomes much easier.
If you can’t find one meaningful result that you will accomplish by doing something, that will also make your actions and your decisions much easier.
I want you to accomplish your goals and your dreams this year. To do that, you need to embark on a series of accomplishments, both large and small.
Every action doesn’t need to lead to a massive accomplishment, so don’t be too hard on yourself. If your decision is that your next action will be a baby step toward accomplishing one of your goals, then do it and feel great about it!
Again, Happy New Year to you! I wish for pure happiness, progress, peace, and good health for you this year, and I’ll be here to watch it happen, smiling as I watch you.
Remember: What will you accomplish by doing so?
Nancy Myrland is a Marketing and Business Development Advisor, specializing in Content, Social & Digital Media. She helps lawyers and legal marketers grow by integrating all marketing disciplines in order to establish relationships and grow their practices. Also known as the LinkedIn Coach For Lawyers, she is a frequent LinkedIn trainer, as well as a content marketing specialist. She helps lawyers, law firms, and legal marketers learn and implement content, social and digital media strategies that cut through the clutter and are more relevant to their current and potential clients. Nancy also works with many firms and lawyers on Zoom and virtual presentation training and coaching to be the best they can be when presenting online.
As an early and constant adopter of social and digital media and technology, she also helps firms with blogging, podcasting, video marketing, voice marketing, livestreaming, and Zoom and virtual presentation strategy and training. She also helps lead select law firms through their online social media strategy when dealing with high-stakes, visible cases.
If you would like to reserve time to begin talking strategy or think through an issue you are having, you can do that here.